Monday, June 7, 2010

What Interests Me

I have thought about picking a topic to write about for the semester all week. I have been back and forth and pulling out my hair to think of an idea that best suits me. Finally I have decided to create a topic titled, European Life. European Life will feature all the inside scoop on the European lifestyle. This is a fabulous topic as the category gives me many areas to cover within each country.

Why is this topic for me? I’ll tell you why… I would best cover this topic because I studied abroad in Italy a year and a half ago and was absolutely changed by the experience. Everything between the fashion, food, landmarks, and culture had me in awe and eager to learn everything I possibly can in my time visiting. I traveled all over while studying abroad for a semester; countries include Spain, France, Germany, and Greece. Each place had something in particular to define itself culturally and I would love to pick these countries apart and let you in on what I have learned throughout my journey abroad.

Each week I will choose a different country to cover. First, I will inform the reader of places that are a MUST visit within these countries. These will include landmarks and museums that help define the history and culture of the country.

I will share foods that have been crafted and perfected through generations and are a MUST try when visiting. As an example, you must try the Tapas in Barcelona, Spain accompanied by a glass of their all famous Sangria.

I will share the latest fashion trends or laws within the country. Some places are very strict and require a certain code of dress. While I was studying abroad the MUST HAVE color in Italy was purple. I would see women dressed from head to toe in deep purple attire. All of the shop windows were filled with purple dresses and shoes. Informing my readers of up and coming colors and fashion will be key as Europe is highly known for their unique and desired fashion sense.

Lastly, I plan to explain the culture and what a citizen of that country’s life is like on a daily basis. Many of these people live completely different lifestyles than anything you or I experience here in the United States. These differences make it hard to travel between countries and are usually the main reason students studying abroad or young adults moving across country for work, get home sick. Hopefully these tips will give the readers all they could ever want to know about European Life.

Through these discussions of European Life I hope to open the reader’s eyes to a different lifestyle and evoke a passion within to want to visit these countries and experience it themselves. Having visited many countries within Europe I know the differences between the food, fashion, and lifestyle between each country. I can use first-hand knowledge as well as many of the books and websites I have encountered while studying abroad. I have many resources that will help me research and provide my readers with the most up to date information available.

I will begin this blog topic shortly. I am excited to start and hope I caught some of your interest to check out my blog weekly! If anyone has any suggestions or questions please feel free to leave a comment or email me at hlbacci@quinnipiac.edu.

No comments:

Post a Comment