Sunday, June 6, 2010

Potential Topics for the Semester

Picking a subject that interests me is the next assignment I need to ponder. I need to tie in the idea of what is true to me and edit down my ideas to one concrete passion of mine. Many things interest me such as sports, fashion, music, food, movies, tv shows, the list can go on and on. But choosing the one thing to define me and continue talking about for the duration of the semester is really the stump of the assignment. Talking to my friends and family who know me the best here is a list of things I can discuss:

- Music. I have already discussed my love for music in a previous blog. I did an assignment on Universal Music Group last semester so know a lot about the industry already. I already have a blog discussing this company so a presence exists. This might be the easiest for me.
- Food. I love food even though I am pretty picky. I can be in the worst mood ever and food will make me happy! I can feature different meals every week and discuss nutrition which I am also very interested in.
- Movies. Every spare moment I have I am watching a movie on On Demand. I have seen so many and really love the industry. I can discuss good movies and the industry, but this might be difficult as I don’t know much about it.
- Fashion (Deals and steals) … I like this one a lot because I am always shopping for a good bargin, but it may be hard to continue for 12 more weeks.
- Traveling … I studied abroad in Italy and absolutely loved it. I could definitely talk about different sites and foods (to tie that in) around the globe. A set back is that I don’t plan on actually working abroad if I need to consider my future in picking a topic.
- New Jersey and all the stereo-types. Between Jersey Shore and The Real Housewives of New Jersey I definitely have a lot of talking points to cover for this topic.
- Eating disorders. A few of my good friends growing up have had different eating disorders. I have seen some through rehab counseling, group meetings and witnessed the high and low of their diseases. I could definitely cover this but not sure if it would be appropriate and if I would be able to be as honest as I would like.

These are some of the topics I have considered so far. I am leaning toward Fashion and traveling but now I need to come up with an argument. I have a lot more thinking to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment