Sunday, July 11, 2010

Midterm Proposal

In the words of a great Roman emperor Julius Caesar, “Experience is the teacher of all things.” I have chosen my niche based off my personal experience and wish to share my findings with you.

At the start of the 2008 year I hopped on a plane and flew almost 3 thousand miles to Europe where I first landed in London, England and shortly after moved to Rome, Italy to live for 5 months. During my stay in Rome I was able to experience a completely different lifestyle than the one I was living in the United States. I was able to travel each weekend to a different country to taste the food, hear the music, and experience their way of life.

Looking back over a year later, one thing sticks out in my mind more than anything, the food. Each country I visited had an array of foods which helped define the country and its culture. I chose my niche to be A Taste of Europe.

I have already begun to share some of the delicious dishes I ate while traveling abroad. If you’d love a nice meaty sandwich, definitely check out A Taste of Germany or A Taste of Greece. If you love sweet treats check out A Taste of France. Considering I lived in Italy I definitely have my favorite dishes I will need to share with you in the future, but as a teaser I offer a simple recipe to one of Italy’s finest desserts, an Italian Cannoli.

Now that I have created an online identity, I wish to increase my presence within my niche. I want my blog to offer people new ideas of dishes they may have never tried before. At the end of every piece I inform the reader of where these foods can be found in America. Not everyone has the opportunity to travel to another country, and I would like to bring a bit of Europe into their lives.

There are many steps I will take in order to increase my online presence. Here is how I will begin:
  • Increase my activity on Twitter. I plan to tweet more often. Not only about my recent blog posts, but interesting findings I come across in my research relating to European food.
  • Add tags to my blog. I am still figuring out how to do this but there are many key words and phrases I would like to tag in order to enhance my presence during a Google search. This will connect my name and blog directly to the food genre I wish to be a part of.
  • Insert links within my blog. There are many websites I come across while conducting research that I can incorporate more into my articles. Adding links to these outside sources within my niche will help to increase my presence as well as raise my credibility. This will allow readers to see some of the sources I get my information from as well as give access to more information if they wish to find out more.
Implementing these steps will help me to increase my presence on the internet. I currently do not have much to offer when my name is Googled. I have a common first name, Heather, and there are a few other people around the country have the last name Bacci. I wish to separate myself from the others and create a distinctive identity when “Heather Bacci” is searched on Google.

If you love food as much as I do, this is the perfect blog to indulge in. You will be introduced to a number of dishes from many different countries around Europe. Come hungry and dig into A Taste of Europe!

No comments:

Post a Comment